Next scheduled call outs 05/13/2015
New Wednesday Night program
Do you have what it takes to make “The List” Run What Ya Brung and Hope You Brung Enough.
- “The List” will be the 10 fastest street legal cars to race at New England Dragway’s Wednesday Street Nights.
- First to the finish line wins.
- 1/8th mile, Instant Green tree, heads up, grudge race.
- No score boards, no time slip, win light only.
- No additional track prep
- Car or truck must be legally registered, inspected and driven to the track. (No trailered cars)
- Once “The List” is established and you want your shot at getting your name on “The List” you can call out #10 and work your way up “The List”. You can only call out the next position above you.
- 1 test pass before the call out race.
- You must coordinate call out. Track can assist.
- Call outs to be run 2nd and 4th Wednesday’s of the month.
- If more than one challenger on same night for #10 spot, race off between challengers to determine who gets a shot at #10.
- If you do not show for scheduled call out that member will lose their position and drop to the next position.
- We suggest on designated Wednesday night “The List” members consider being on-hand for additional call out races.
- A second call out in one night must be mutually agreed upon.
It’s simple. If your fast enough you’re on “The List”.
Mother Nature took no mercy on New England Dragway during the month of February. As seen in these pictures, Opening Day for the 2015 Racing season is in jeopardy of being delayed. “Mother Nature is in complete control of our schedule at this point,” said Race Director Ron Heath. It’s been suggested over and over, “ why don’t you just plow and remove the snow?” Not to mention the expense to accomplish this if we were to bring out all our equipment and get the track cleared, we would still have to clear pit space and that is where the problems start. The water table is so high in the pit area, as many have witnessed, the water percolating up through the asphalt creates a very unstable base for the pavement on top of it. The repeated traffic of heavy equipment over the asphalt to remove the snow would simply destroy it. The ground underneath is soft at this time of year as the frost comes out of it. It’s all in Mother Nature’s hands at this point. “I have seen many comments on social media and also have heard people taking about how they can’t wait for the 2015 Season to get underway,” explained Heath. Keep track of the snow melt process on our Facebook page here. New pictures are posted weekly. Be sure to like us while you there. Let’s just hope for those warm sunny spring days so we can “get this party started.”
Rotary Engine Rule Updates
Important Update for racers using Rotary Engines.
As outlined in the 2015 NHRA Rule Book 13.49 or quicker you must have an SFI 1.1 1.2 Flywheel and Clutch. Additionally 11.49 or quicker rotary engine cars must have a flywheel shield. For futher details and info refer the 2015 NHRA Rule Book.
He is what many call a racing machine, A&B Tire Pro Eliminator Champion Mark Winterbottom.
Putting together a championship drive is tough. Ask anyone who was lucky enough to come out on top and they likely will tell you it’s a daunting task. That isn’t lost on Mark Winterbottom. But, to see him week in and week out you wonder if ever fazes. He is what many call a racing machine. Mark captured his 9th A&B Tire Pro Eliminator championship this year in dramatic fashion. Yet, even when he was locked into a tight, four-way battle with brothers Jared Kinson and Jason Mazzotta, and long time friend Joe Silva, Mark kept his cool.
A Tale of Two Knights
It doesn’t come as a startling revelation that capturing a championship in any category at New England Dragway is the result of determination, skill and hard work. This year’s Indy Auto Parts Super Pro Champion Ray Knight is the epitome of those attributes. Ray has been part of the New England Dragway racing community for decades, recognized by his peers as one of the toughest drivers on the track. But, if you ask him about the most thrilling aspect of this year’s hard fought battle you will not hear stories about margins of victories measuring in the ten-thousandths or near perfect reaction times. Instead he will tell you it’s the opportunity to share the podium with his son Steven who captured the E.C.O.P.E. Junior Dragster crown.
Lucas Oil continues its commitment to NHRA Sportsman racing.
Lucas Oil continues its commitment to NHRA Sportsman racing as the sponsor of the NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series. “Having come through the Sportsman ranks myself, I know how important it is to have the support you need to compete,” said Morgan Lucas of Lucas Oil Products. “These are our people, these are our customers.
2015 NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Schedule Released
The NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series returns for a 14th season with premier events taking place across the country in all seven NHRA divisions it was announced today by NHRA officials. The 2015 schedule will feature 45 divisional events with a minimum of six in each of the seven divisions. There will also be 25 regional events featuring the 260-mph Top Alcohol Dragster and Top Alcohol Funny Car classes.
Have a Question for the Tech Department ?
If you have a tech question you can email your question to Dan. Please allow 24 hrs for a reply.